Business Owners Get Their Green On at GoGreen ‘09: 40 Business Leaders Share Secrets and Value to Building a Sustainable Business
Social Enterprises, Inc. is thrilled to announce the full-day itinerary and speaker line-up for the second annual Go Green Conference, which will take place in Portland on Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at the Gerding Theater in the Pearl District. Go Green ‘09 will present the regional business community with the unique opportunity to learn from over 40 local business leaders, who will share their expertise on a variety of sustainability topics, aimed at giving business owners and professionals new ideas and strategies for increasing sustainability in all areas of the workplace.
GoGreen ‘09 will offer participants concrete steps and solutions for making their business more sustainable through interactive panel-style sessions with valuable Q&A opportunities during each topic.
Featured Conference Topics/Sessions for 2009:
- Portland’s Best Sustainable Business Showcase: Learn from Portland’s 2009 BEST Business + Oregon’s 100 Best Green Companies Award Winners
- Electric Vehicles: Investment, Implications and Economic Opportunities for Business
- Social Media and Your Sustainable Message: Maximize Outreach through Online Forums
- Writing Your Sustainability Plan: Develop a Framework and Process to Advance Sustainable Objectives
- Authentic Storytelling in the Age of Green washing: An Interactive Dialogue and Discovery of Fact, Contradiction and Possibility
- Improve Your Sustainability Credentials: Opportunities for Continuing Education and Certification
- Oregon on the Leading Edge: Public and Private Initiatives Creating Economic Opportunities
- Carbon Footprint Analysis: Tools for Measuring and Reducing Your Company’s Environmental Impact
- Growing Green Ideas: Develop Solid Business Plans to Increase Funding Opportunities
- Trendsetters: Business Culture Shift to Sustainability
Featured 2009 speakers include Governor Ted Kulongoski, Kate Brown/Oregon Secretary of State, Jeff Cogen/Multnomah County Commissioner, Susan Anderson/Director, Bureau of Planning & Sustainability, Rob Bennett/Director, Portland+Oregon Sustainability Institute, Scott Marshall/Associate Dean, Portland State University, Nik Blosser/Founder, Celilo Group, Carrie Farrar/The Standard, Marsha Willard/Founder, AXIS, Inc, Ruta Stabina/University of Oregon Sustainability Leadership, Charlie Allcock/Portland General Electric, Mark Perry/Nissan Americas, Anne Weaver/CEO, Elephants Delicatessen, Sarah Hall/Wells Fargo, Scott Davis/From the Rooftops, Mark Brady/Oregon Economic Community Development Department, Josh Skov/Principal, Good Company, Colin Sears/Portland Development Commission, Alison Sokol Blosser/Sokol Blosser Winery, Gary Hirsch/On Your Feet, Mike Mercer/Northwest Earth Institute, Clark Brockman/SERA Artchitects, Michael Jung/Silver Springs, Chris Enlow/KEEN and Jason Graham-Nye/Founder, gDiapers to name just a portion of the line-up.
Eco-entrepreneurs Ericka Dickey, Founder of Social Enterprises, Inc. and Stephanie Knight, Founder of Greenlemonaide started the Go Green Conference series because they saw a need for knowledge and idea sharing regarding the best and latest sustainable business practices. They wanted to create an event that would have a sizeable positive impact for businesses like their own, the local community and the environment. The result is a learning laboratory with leading experts, committed eco-minded business owners and green community activists to forge a new business model which looks upon the green line and the bottom line as equally important.
Full-Day Registration is $150 for a full day pass, $125 with the purchase two or more.
We hope you will join us!!